So far 1st grade is going extremely well for Matthew. What a world of difference a year makes. Last year, I swear I had more notes come home that said how he was misbehaving than good notes. This year, complete opposite. I have not received one negative note! YEAH!!
What has Matthew been up to in 1st grade?
Well they do weekly spelling tests that started a few weeks into the school year. I can proudly say that Matthew has gotten a 100% one EVERY spelling test so far! Proud Momma moment right there!!!
They also have to do this accelerated reading thing... where either I read the book or he reads the book for a few days, he goes back to school and takes a 5 question iPad quiz on it. He's got all 5 out of 5's except for one book he got a 3/5. So not too shabby there either! :D
I am so proud of him. His writing is even improving too! We worked on that all summer long.
Here's his 1st grade school picture.
Unfortunately, 2 days prior to pictures, he was outside playing in the dirt piles with Phoenix and Memphis. They were throwing dirt clods in the air. Matthew said "he forgot to duck." That's what happened. :-|
Oh well boys will be boys. Gives him character!
Copyright: Life Touch 2012-2013

No comments:
Post a Comment