Saturday, October 15, 2016

Another Project Checked Off the List: WOOD SHUTTERS for our HEADBOARD

We started with this. 

I got the old barn door from my parents' barn. It's beautiful. 
At the time, I had to make due with vinyl shutters.
It just never looked right. 


I recently asked around if anyone knew of any wood shutters. 
Char from Anchor Creations directed me toward a local gal that had a pair of them. 
They needed a lot of work but I wanted wood. 

I sanded a lot. And then stained the outer frame. I decided I just couldn't deal with trying to strip the blades so I painted them. Then they were too stark white, so I poly'd them, distressed them, and added some brown wax. Right before my husband was to install them, I looked at them and they were soooooooooo yellow. They looked terrible. So then I busted out the white paint again and fixed. Granted they are a little brighter than the door, they will do. 
I am happy.

Definitely a labor of love. 


Finished it off with this beautiful garland that I found on Etsy and gives it that pop of color it needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment