Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Positives May 10,2008

Well as much as I tend to focus on the negatives, here are some positives I'm going to share with you all about Matthew and his process. I always appreciate the messages from you guys through all this. Thanks for you that respond and have a little something to say. It really means a lot to me.
+ Better eye contact
+ Kisses and hugs me and other people
+ Says things if you tell him to say "I want something"...
+ Does simple commands, will throw something away if I ask him too, sometimes goes and gets his cup
+ Lets people touch him more, has come a long way with therapy
+ Points to things all the time now
+ Has opened up to new people a little better now
+ Will say I love you Mommy or I love you when I say it to him first
+ Says "mama" out of the blue sometimes
+ Loves to scribble
That's just a few for now. Most people take these for granted, but they mean a lot to me as we've struggled for awhile trying to get him to do these simple things.
Again, thank you all for your support and encouragement through all of this.
I'm still waiting on the Fragile X results. I'm going to hold off with a test through Center of Disabilities, and that guy through CCHS didn't really act like he seen any red flags, so I may just wait for the Dr. Blake appt. Then again, we may not even need that done. I really don't want to spend a ton of money for those guys to say, it's inconclusive or something. Or basically that they don't really know what's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment